Friday, October 2, 2015

Garden Adventures and Forgetfulness

Before anything else, I must tell you that The Void has spit up my package and it was delivered safely to my home yesterday. And the best part? Even though the skeins are from two different companies, they look so similar that I won't have to alternate the skeins every couple of rows when I work with them. Score!

Recently Finished Objects:
- Dragonscale Shawl

On the Needles (Or, at least it would be):
- Boo Knits Halloween MKAL

Boo Knits has tempted me into my first MKAL (mystery knit along for the uninitiated) with their Voodoo Shawl. The placeholder image bewitched me from just searching the stash and sent me out to look for a blood red lace yarn that I could pick up quickly. I was nearly overcome by some Malabrigo Sock in Boticelli Red, but didn't really have $40 to spend just on yarn. So, I settled for some lovely warm grey in Malabrigo Lace...

Which I promptly left sitting beside a chair in my mom's house in Akron. 

I'm going to grab it tonight on the way to Aurora, social rules about being super late to a party be damned. I don't want to get too far behind, damnit!

In happier news, I finished my Dragonscale Shawl. With 6 yards of yarn left to spare. I won the race, and that's what matters here. The fact that I had to leave off the last two rows of the chart and did a regular bind off as opposed to the two row one written is completely irrelevant. 

The beaded edge is only apparent when you're about two inches away from the thing and I somehow completely messed up added a design feature that used a bronze bead instead of an olive one for the middle row of the edge. 

And blocking this behemoth was an adventure, let me tell you. 

It came out so big and so comfy, though. It's everything I need in a shawl.







I'm completely in love with it. Enough so that I'm making matching jewelry to match. Have I ever mentioned that I'm completely out of my mind?

Last week, I got to hangout with one of my best friends, Vi, for the afternoon. We did this thing called a "lunch date" and then headed to the Canton Garden Center for a bit of hiking-ish activity.

For being the early fall, everything was still amazingly gorgeous.













We also made a new friend when this little girl decided to take a nosedive straight into the pond.


Now, feel free to imagine the sight of two grown-ass women trying frantically to save a drowning bee and laugh hysterically. I'll wait.

Good? Okay. Because it was a pretty damn funny sight to behold.

All in all, I had a wonderful day out and think I'd like to try this lunch date thing again.


No comments:

Post a Comment