Tuesday, May 21, 2019

You Might Belong in Gryffindor

Back in March of 2017, I got the bright idea to start a stranded colorwork bag for myself. Being the giant Harry Potter nerd that I am, how could I resist making myself a Gryffindor bag?

The knitting itself was frustratingly slow for me.

I'm not a fast color worker. I don't think I'll ever be. My stitches always end up looking crappy. But I got myself through it, even though it took me over a year of starting and stopping because I'd just toss the damn thing in time out.

I thought I was going to finish it last year when I got the bag portion itself done. But then I couldn't decide on a dang strap.

And y'all already know the struggles I had this year when I thought I finally had figured out the strap situation.

I went ahead and ordered a different strap that I thought would work.

It didn't.

I was at a loss as to what to do.

But I finally said "fuck it!" and improvised, like I always do.

And I think I like it.


I mean, look at those absurd tassels! They're as big as my hand. And a great fidget toy.

I ended up using both of the straps I had originally bought, regardless of how mismatched they were. I used the second one to line the first, which worked out really well.


I was lucky enough to have a button in my stash that fit perfectly.


The back is all checkerboard pattern.


The inside is fully lined in red fabric and I included the all important phone pocket. It certainly won't win any sewing awards, but it's at least functional.


Listen, it's a bag. There's only so many pictures I can take of it. Only so much to say about it.


I'm glad it's done and I'm pretty happy with how it came out, considering how much of a pain it ended up being.

Actually, I like it so much that I'm *actually* considering making another one.

What's wrong with me?
---------------------------------------------------------
Like my writing? Why don't you buy me a coffee!

You can do so through my ko-fi link HERE: ko-fi.com/blackgoatknitting

Or donate directly through my paypal HERE: https://www.paypal.me/blackgoatknitting

No comments:

Post a Comment