Monday, July 22, 2019

Run Down and Run Over

Y'all, did you know that home repair is FUCKING STRESSFUL?!

Who would have thought?!

As such, I'm bloody exhausted. Especially because I dealt with a supremely bad panic attack over the weekend.

So, instead of trying to be my usual chatty self, it's going to be a list post.

1. We hosted a dinner party for Renee, Kevin, and Nancy (Kevin's mom). I've never cleaned this house so much in preparation. But I wanted the place to look good. I was super proud of how the dining room turned out, especially the table.




2. I made just a little bit of soup for them, too, since they had family coming into town.


And yes, that's a rolling pin that I had to stir the pot with because I didn't have a spoon long enough to reach the bottom.

That problem, however, has been solved by my awesome new kickass adoptive aunt (and Kevin's sister), Jeaninne.


Oh yeah, this witch has new cauldron stirrer.

3. The weekend after that, we decided to redo the dining room. I had some grand plans originally, which got tossed out in favor of even grander plans.

John got to pick out the color and he did a fabulous job.








We still have to paint the ceiling and get a chandelier (which I have some exciting plans for), but I LOVE how it looks so far.

4. Yes, we're totally doing a Steampunk themed room. As such, I want any metal in here to have some good aging to them, so I got to play with some paint. And I'm SUPER PROUD of how my outlet covers came out.


I also redid a mirror in the same style.

It's behind the bar and it looks so good.


5. The new curtains have completely transformed this room.


6. We also made our hallway purple by mixing in some leftover colors together.


7. The day we were painting, I made some new friends!





8. I'm finally on the last chart of my Quiet Queers Craftalong project.


I'm so ready for it to be done, let me tell you. Nearly 600 stitches per round is a little tiring. But it's going to be amazing when it's done.

9. I have a new bag to carry it in, though, and that's helping with the motivation.



The bag is from MinnieMoonSewing on etsy. And I'm in love.

Yes, yes, I know that it's not green, but I do love the yellow.

AND NOW I HAVE AN AWESOME PLACE TO KEEP ALL MY FANCY PINS!


So we have:

Woolsabi pin from Nerd Bird Makery

Just One More Spinner pin by Twill & Print (gifted to me by my lovely Makenna <3)

Destination Yarn Logo pin from Destination Yarn (not currently on the site. I purchased mine at GLFS)

Larissa Brown Yarn Ball Moon Pin from Twisted Yarn Shop

The sheep pin was purchased at Great Trails a few years ago and I don't have the maker's name.

10. The bathroom has gone from this:



To this:




We got the hardest of it done. Hoping to finish it this weekend coming up. Still have to install fan and lights and finish fixing the wall. AND we have to replace the friggin drain under the sink now because of course we do.

Oh, and paint. That would also be helpful.

Quick shout out to Kevin and Renee for being willing to help us do all of this. There was no way we'd have been able to fix this on our own and we certainly couldn't afford someone else to come in and fix it. Not to mention their generation pieces and parts donations as we realized that we didn't have everything we needed.

11. To try and keep myself calm and relaxed during all the renovations, I started a new improvised scrap shawl.

And it's like the exact opposite of everything I like. But I'm also in so totally in love with it. I don't quite understand why, but *shrug*.


Look at how fun all those colors are. And it's mostly random scraps and minis I had laying around (a lot of them from Mikayla's destashing, so thank you dear) held with just bare ivory yarn. And it's absolutely magical.


Like I said, it's totally not my colors, but this is all I want in my life now.

In fact, I love it so much that I started a second one using black as my base color.


I *may or may not* have a bunch of neon minis now in my posession to add to these..


With more on the way...

12. I may release this as a pattern eventually, if anyone would be interested? It's a great scrap user-upper. Like, I have a bit of yarn in here that was only like a yard long and it just WORKS.

13. I'll leave you off with my beautiful face because I had some really good selfies recently.







And just for John.


---------------------------------------------------------
Like my writing? You can help support me and future writing projects directly by donating through the links below!

Ko-fi link: ko-fi.com/blackgoatknitting

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/blackgoatknitting

No comments:

Post a Comment