Wednesday, May 6, 2020

A Moment of Sweetness

I haven't been doing much in the way of knitting lately, but I did get to check the hives recently. So I thought I'd share the pictures from that.

A moment for you to sit back and smile and see my wonderful girls.





We transferred some queen cells (something new to me!) because we were splitting off new hives.



I also learned about festooning, which is where bees interlock their legs and form a chain. You can see some doing that in this photo.


I also got to shake bees for the first time, which is TERRIFYING.

"Let me just take this frame full of live bees and just *SHAKESHAKESHAKE* it into a new box!"


And lest you think I've given up on the yarn dyeing...


Black Goat Fibers, opening June 19th.

Mark your calendars, because it's gonna be fun.

---------------------------------------------------------
Like my writing? You can help support me and future writing projects directly by donating through the links below!

Ko-fi link: ko-fi.com/blackgoatknitting

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/blackgoatknitting

1 comment: