Thursday, October 8, 2015

*Sniff, Sniff*

I walked outside today and I smelled it.

Yes, that smell.

You know what I'm talking about.

That crisp, spicy scent that can only come from fallen leaves. The little bite on the back of the wind to let you know that the snows of winter are a'comin. It conjures images of bountiful holiday feasts, cozy sweaters, big, chunky knits.

To say that I'm excited would be an understatement.

I am not a creature that does well in the summer heat. Give me the days of bone-chilling cold, mountains of snow, and a cozy place to watch the land as it settles down and sleeps.

I freely admit that I cry a little bit at the first snowfall of every year. I can't help it. It's so beautiful.

But, since the snows aren't quite here yet, I'll just have to be excited for autumn in the meantime.

I've prepared myself for the colder weather by buying myself a new fall outfit. Behold my glorious llama tanktop and accompanying Mr. Rogers cardigan! Both of which were purchased from ModCloth.



As it just so happens, my dragonscale shawl also looks fabulous with my new shirt! Want to take a guess as to what I'm wearing to the retreat tomorrow?





And here's that new Malabrigo sock yarn I bought yesterday. The color is simply amazing. AND it matches my new sweater! I may have to toss my other projects aside and cast on a shawlette/triangle scarf. It's calling to me.

Guess that means it's time to go pattern hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment