Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Busy, Busy, Busy

This past weekend was nothing but a whirlwind of going places, doing things, and not getting a single moment to relax. I think I managed to maybe get 5 rows done on the Christmas triangle scarf.

Friday night was Harps and Thistles' monthly pajama party. When we drove past the shop on the way to the parking lot, Beaverly decided to come out and wreak havoc when I saw how many people were inside. I wanted to desperately to leave. I was doing everything in my power to convince John to just take me home. He talked me through it, for which I am forever grateful, and walked me inside. As embarrassing it is to admit, I clung on to his hand like a child.

Anxiety is so much fun, people.

I ended up having a lovely time, just as John knew I would. And I even came home with a couple of new beauties. Even though the party was supposed to be about getting your knitting done, I spent more time talking to people than actually knitting. I managed to get a whopping 2 rows done on my scarf. That's just downright sad.




I hid in the back by the snack table, figuring that people could come over to me to socialize. On top of that, I didn't want to try and drag a chair through the crowd to sit by Sarah.

It was nice sitting at the table because I could sit my pattern right beside me rather than constantly having to reach to the floor for it.


Some of the snacks. You can see my bowl and chart keeper in the back. As well as a whole wall of Three Irish Girls. Not good, people. Not good.


My triangle scarf that barely got touched, the poor thing. And I decided to be all fancy and bring along one of my beautiful bowls.

I wanted to find some yarn to make mittens for my mother-in-law for Christmas, and ended up coming home with this.


I apologize for the dismal pictures. I took these the other evening when I remembered that I needed to. The sun was setting fast. I would retake them, but it's a wet and miserable sort of day. I don't think they'll turn out much better.

Anyway, this yarn is actually a very pretty green heather. I wanted something that was cheerful, but wouldn't show dirt easily.

I also fell in love with a kit that Harps and Thistles had on display using some of their first Three Irish Girls custom colorway. I didn't care much for the pattern, though, and bought the components separately.


Isn't it beautiful? I think I'm going to do this pattern with it. This is the Adorn Sock base, by the way.


This is the shawl pin that was in the kit. It's so beautiful and lovely. I used it with my dragonscale shawl on Saturday and was so thrilled that I didn't have to spend the whole day fussing with keeping my shawl on my shoulders.


I also picked up this skein of Adorn Sock. I'd been eyeing it for a few weeks, and John foolishly left me alone at the shop. I have no control when it comes to yarn, people. I walk into a shop, a black veil covers me and I walk out later with arms full of beautiful fiber, not quite remembering picking up so much.

Maybe I'm multi-classing as a warlock and my patron demon has a thing for merino.

Saturday, John and I took our dear friend, Vi, up to the Cleveland Museum of Art. We stopped at Harps and Thistles on the way, though, because I forgot to get this.


More Three Irish Girls, this time in Springvale Worsted. It's the Blackberry Cobbler colorway. I'm planning on some Christmas presents with it, but I'm not sure if the intended recipient reads my blog, so you'll just have to see what it becomes later.

I have so many pictures from the museum that I've decided to make it an entirely separate post later this week. For now, I'll just say that we had an absolutely lovely time.

Sunday was a birthday party for my grandpa's brother. I didn't take too many pictures, but here's one of grandpa and Uncle Billy together. Grandpa is on the left.


They ended up sending me home with an almost entirely full vegetable tray, which is pretty damn awesome. My rats are especially happy.

And yesterday, Em (the middle sister, for those who may not know) and I went shopping. John and I hadn't had a chance to pick up essentials for the house over the weekend, for some reason, so I bullied Emmy into going with me.

As bribery, I took her to Books-A-Million. I thought I'd be good and just look for a stitch dictionary (which I did find) and maybe look for something for John. Well, I ended up with the stitch dictionary, Prudence by Gail Carriger, and the first two books in a new series called the Clockwork Daggers by Beth Cato. Apparently, my demon patron also has a thing for Steampunk-inspired fiction.

Lest you think that poor John didn't get anything special, I did buy him King of Tokyo and Forbidden Island to add to our ever-growing board game collection.

In fact, we played King of Tokyo last night. I was two points away from winning when my stupid bloody husband offed me and took the game.

I'm sure some of you are wondering how the Christmas knitting is coming along....

But first, can we just agree the whole red cup debacle is just frippin stupid? I mean, FSM forbid that Starbucks has a more simple cup design this year! Conservative Christians are starting the war on Christmas a little early this year. I mean, can we get through Thanksgiving first?

Seriously. though, get over yourselves.

Okay, so, Christmas knitting. Well, I only managed to get one and a half presents done over the week.


Izzy's gloves are done. And I once again remembered why I hate working with acrylic. *shudder*


I also managed to get one glove done for one of my commission projects. This took me bloody forever because I had to completely re-work the pattern. I think I've got it now, though, and am hoping to breeze through the second one today.

My anxiety is on the brink of going into overdrive because one present a week is just not going to cut it. On top of that, presents keep getting added to my list. Gift cards are starting to look like a better and better option.

Wooly gods, watchers of all crafters, give me strength to make it through this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment