Friday, February 26, 2016

Journeys(-als) and Bullet Points

My brain's a little scattered this week, so rather than trying to be my usual witty self, I'm going to make life simple and just use bullet points for everything.

- John and I celebrated our 10 year together-ness anniversary on the 19th. We had a super hot date night of sitting in bed and watching the Lord of the Rings extended edition on blu-ray. We didn't make a big fuss about it on social media. It was perfect.

- For his present, I made him a leather bound journal. And then I made a shit ton more. Flood of pictures incoming:




John's. Funny enough, I worked on the damn thing right under his nose. He never figured it out.




One for me, complete with pocket. Used an old earring to decorate the clasp.



A mini one for Mr. Weber complete with removable booklets. Once he's filled it up, I can make him a replacement filler.



A commission from my middle sister for her best friend's birthday. This one isn't real leather, but I still like how it came out.

I also did a travel journal for Renee, but forgot to snap some pictures.

- Worked on SECRET PROJECT M-1-50.


-Finally brought my dresser in from the garage, and promptly filled it with my entire stash.


Well.......


...Most of the stash.

- Got a lovely gift from Renee! And took some cute pictures of the hubs and I when she had to step away for a moment.




- Got to hang out with Vi, Sarah, and Ellen at Harps and Thistles one day. Bought some rose colored lace yarn that I'm super excited about.

- First shipment from my Madeline Tosh yarn club came in.

It's....
well.....
ugly.

Maybe I shouldn't say ugly. But it's certainly not my cup of tea. Which really sucks because the yarn itself is AMAZINGLY soft and squishy.


Willing to let it go for $20 each, or both for $37, plus shipping. Being completely serious here. Someone else can have it... (USA inquiries only, please. Don't much feel like dealing with customs.)

- Seems that I'm having a streak of bad luck with yarn. Some other stuff I ordered came in today and the color is radically different from what was shown, but the owner won't do exchanges based on color alone. I currently have it in the dye pot, hoping to make it into something useable.

If the Tosh doesn't sell, that's where it's heading, too.

- Remember my d20 mug that Bethany bought me? It's got a home now.



- And finally, some random pet pictures, because internet tax.




- Hope you all have a better week than what I seem to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment