Sunday, October 30, 2016

Put Some Levels in Warlock

Well, it's been more than a few days.

It's been 16 days, to be exact.

Jamie has come and gone and I haven't made a post about my sweater.

Ill tidings my friends.


Yeah, totes kidding. I had that thing done the Monday before their visit.


So, that means I made an entire sweater, start to finish, in 7 working days.


Not only did I finish it, but I didn't even have to mess with the 4 balls of yarn that I had double wound. 


At this point, I should probably confess to selling my soul to a wool demon. Which is totally cool with me because I get to make really pretty stuff really, really fast.


As for the particulars, I based my pattern off of the Speckled Shrug by Lion Brand on Ravelry. The pattern is a one-size-fits-all sort of deal, which meant that I had to do a lot of math and a lot of swatching.


I also decided to chart out a few lace patterns so I could keep myself from the unholy nightmare of 40 inches of stockinette.


I used 930-ish yards of Knit Pick's Wool of the Andes Bulky Superwash in the Briar Heather colorway.

I did 21 repeats of my lace chart and blocked this out to 60in x 40in. Also, left 8 inches for the armhole rather than 7 because I'm not exactly a tiny person.

And fun fact, this yarn was actually purchased to make a blanket a couple of years ago.


I like it better as a sweater.


There is a cost to this knitting madness, though. My family knows how fast I can make these now and the requests are starting to creep in.

Maybe my Wooly Demonic Patron please send a couple of imps to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment