Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Paint a Plant, Get a Goat

I think I'm going to capture the etsy world by storm.

You know how people offer all sorts of custom portraits of clients' pets? Yeah, I think I need to start doing that with people's plants.

And that's actually what I got the opportunity to do recently.

There's a little corner of the internet that I frequent to hang out with other crafty people. One of the things we do are craft exchanges. Someone will offer up their services to make something in exchange for others' crafting talents.

One of the users offered to make stained glass pieces. I had to jump on that one, so I offered up knitting, book binding, and watercolor painting. 

Obviously, she chose the painting. *points at title of post*

So, she sent along a picture of her aloe plant. Her favorite, as it turns out, because it's the one plant she's managed to keep alive.

I did a 5x7 as opposed to the mini ones I had been doing, but still kept the unnecessary metallic beads. They've kind of become my signature style. 


And here it is next to it's inspiration.


I had a LOT of fun painting it. And I really am considering starting to sell some etsy. 

Anyone want a plant portrait? 

Anywho, in exchange, I got something super totally awesome and amazing and cool.

A goat!

Specifically, a black goat. (Well, as close as you can get to black stained glass),

And...

IT'S WEARING A GRYFFINDOR SCARF!!!


AHHHH!!!!!

I'm slightly enthusiastic about it.

Just a little.

Annnnnnnnd, now I'm feeling the need to collect goats.

Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment