Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Flowered Nightmare

Today was an absolutely amazing day...

At first.

I had the house to myself. It was softly raining outside. I had curled up with Orchid Thief and the Yarn Harlot's blog archive.

My plan was to finish up the last couple rows of the last repeat and finally move on to the edging. I'd still have the whole thing done in under a month.


And there she is. All sunshine and rainbows with 7 repeats all done!

Yes.

7.

Seven.

Seven.

NOT the EIGHT that was needed to make the edge work.

Because I can't bloody count.

*incoherent rage noises and sounds of Ashtan's poor soul being crushed to pieces*

So...

Orchid Thief is being put into the time-out bin for quite a while. I just can't bring myself to slog through anymore of it at the moment.

Yes, I know it is so close to being done, but if I even look at the damned thing right now I may become homicidal. Combined with knitting needles in my hand, and let's just say that no one would be safe.

I went stash diving and pattern searching and have come up with a suitable replacement project. Something fairly simple, but not dull and I do believe it will be quite fun to do.

At least, it better be, Because if my wooly demon patron is drunk on the job one more time, I may just burn the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment