Friday, January 20, 2017

You Chose... Poorly

Jamie and I are on our way to Waynesburg after I went down to Athens for a short visit.

Our Frindermas party is tomorrow, lest you think me so heartless as to ask my partner to drive me all the way home for shits and giggles. 

I'm really, really excited about this party and excited that Jamie will be attending this year. It's my favorite Christmas party every year, hands down.

Still, two long drives in a few short days is no easy task. They tend to up my anxiety, so I try to do what I can to make it easier on myself.

That usually involves packing plenty of things to do (lots of knitting and books) and making sure that I'm wearing something comfy.

This trip I only brought one knitting project, as bag space was highly limited. (The shawl I cast on after tossing Orchid Thief angrily aside, in case you were curious. Details are vague, but it's being worked in a light grey alpaca.) And as far as clothing went, leggings seemed the best option since they were comfy, easy to pack, and would work with a large range of my tops.

Today, I opted for black leggings and black tshirt since it's so bloody warm. I got myself all comfy, pulled out my knitting, and started happily working.

It was all of 10 minutes before I looked down and realized my mistake.

Black outfit. Fuzzy, grey alpaca.

Yeah. I'm wearing more of the fiber than I'm knitting.

Oh, well. At least I don't have to try and impress anyone with my looks today.

And let's be honest, I have enough cats that this isn't a problem I'm unfamiliar with.

So, I'll keep right on happily knitting as I steadily add more and more to the grey patch on my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment