Thursday, January 26, 2017

Inappropri-prick

The depression monster decided to rear its ugly head earlier this week.

I turned to my knitting, but my shawl was just not cutting it. It just felt like I was drowning in grey yarn with no end in sight, so I desperately started going through my favorites on Ravelry. Something had to catch my attention, right? I needed something quick that would give me a sense of accomplishment and that little hit of an endorphin rush.

A doily, a mug cozy, a hat, plushies... I went through them all.

I ended up stumbling upon a pattern I had used for Jamie's bulbasaur. If you recall, I had decided to make a cactus on the back of it rather than the bulb.

Well, I thought a cute little prickly friend would look great in our bedroom.

So, this is the part where I show you the finished thing and talk about how great it was, right?

Heh.

This is me we're talking about.

So, rather than one tiny little guy, I decided to knit an entire planter's worth of wooly flora.

It really is the perfect project for me right now. A long reaching project that still let's me get the rush of completing something every time I finish one of the plants.

Also, I can use up some of these green yarn scraps.

Not that I have that many or anything...

I first started with this rather proud guy.


The next one, I went a little ballsy and used my own pattern.


I then decided to really stretch myself and started on one similar to this, only using fingering weight yarn and size 1 needles.


Unfortunately, Phelix (one of the cats that decides to reside here) jumped out of our bedroom window and landed directly on my needle, snapping it in half.

I only had one set of needles in that size (note: JOHN! BUY ME A WHOLE SET OF SOCK NEEDLES FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY!), so I couldn't really finish it.

Guess that means I have to put in a Knit Pick's order. Oh darn,

So I'm currently just sitting on this.


Life really is a dick sometimes.

But I guess it's just best to remember...


No comments:

Post a Comment