Monday, January 30, 2017

He Goes by Henry

I think it was sometime in the middle of last year that I first joked about selling my soul to a Wooly Demon patron. An offhand comment, made for a laugh.

The problem was an idea started forming. Just a little think tucked away in the back of my brain.

I started building it in my head.

If I really did have a demon patron, what would he look like? How did he get assigned to someone like me? What was his life like before?

And before I knew it, this character blossomed into life. He didn't have a name yet, but I knew what he looked like. So I sat down the other day and decided to finally get him out.


Meet Henrizaial Thurnard Gorthmyne IV, wooly demon patron of one knitter by the name of Ashtan. He goes by Henry, thank you very much. It's what his grandmama called him.

I ended up doing a full water color portrait of him.


I stayed up until nearly 5 am to finish him, but he was finally out of my head and in the world.

Satisfied, I went to bed.

But, like it always does, my brain came up with another idea.

Damnit.


So, a second Henry came about.


And he was cut out by hand using an exacto knife. By the way, HOLY CRAP, THAT KILLS YOUR HANDS!!!


Needed some other supplies to go with this project, including some very tiny crocheted flowers and small balls of yarn.

But the end result is exactly how I imagined in my head.


I need a better picture of it, but Henry is enclosed in a shadowbox now. He's hanging on our bedroom wall, guarding my stash.

I like to think of this as his Spring Look.

Which means that I have to make three more for the rest of the seasons...

Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment