Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A Minor Miscalculation

I...

I miscalculated.

I thought that the edge for Orchid Thief followed the normal pattern of increasing 8 stitches on every
right side row, which meant I would be binding off 595 stitches.

A staggering amount, truly.

To put this in perspective, Celestarium's final row had 570-odd stitches.

Orchid Thief is a heavier yarn on bigger needles and has MORE than that. It will be wider than Celestarium's circumference.

I counted the final row, just to be sure. And to have a laugh at myself and what nightmare the bind off was going to be.

I came up with a number.

I laughed.

I counted again.

I laughed, an edge of panic in my voice.

I counted a third time.

And then I lost it.

There was no way.

No fucking way.

But no.

Three times can't lie.

The number of stitches in the last row...

787

Seven hundred and eighty-seven.

SEVEN FUCKING HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-SEVEN GOD DAMNED STITCHES!

May Henry and all the Wooly gods have mercy on me.

It's going to be a long night.


No comments:

Post a Comment