Saturday, April 22, 2017

A Tale of Two Shawls - Art and Coffee

So far this year, I've managed to complete 3 shawls already. And I'm well on my way to finishing my fourth. Yes, you guessed it. I'm trying to do last year's resolution of 12 shawls in 12 months.

But the last shawl that I posted completed pictures of on here was Orchid Thief.

I could make excuses about weather or time, but let's be honest. Sometimes, I'm just a lazy trash panda.

But no more!

Yes, friends, today I finally dragged myself (and John) out of the house long enough to get the pictures I needed.

Which means that not only will you get a new post, dear reader, filled with shawly goodness. You, in fact, get two of them. Two days in a row!

*fanfare plays*

To start things off, I'll show off February's shawl, Art and Coffee.


After the nightmare that was Orchid Thief, I needed something simple and with a heavier weight of yarn. Latte e Miele fit the bill. Stripes, which I had never done before, simple lace, and customizable sizing. Everything I could ever hope for.


I even used stash yarn for it. I did break a Sacred Knitting Rule by using two different yarn weights, but I won't tell if you won't. Worsted and DK are close enough to each other, right?


The grey blue is Three Irish Girls Springvale Worsted in Ventas. And it actually has a really sweet story to it. When I took my grandpa up to see Harps and Thistles, he did a very grandpa thing and slipped me some spending money. I picked this little beauty out with no definite plan in mind. Just a squishy reminder of a lovely day spent with my grandpa.


The brighter, variegated yarn is a awesome colorway called Van Gogh from Scandinavian Weave and Knit. I picked it up at the Great Lakes Fiber Show the second year that I went.


This was intentionally made pretty small as I intended to wear it as a scarf. Well, pretty small to me. So, a normal sized shawl to practically everyone else.

There are quite a few modifications, so be sure to check out my ravelry page to see them all.

WHICH I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO MENTION, I NOW HAVE AN AWESOME LITTLE BUTTON OVER THERE THAT YOU CAN CLICK ON TO BE TAKEN RIGHT TO IT!!!
-------------->

Seriously, go check out my social media links for all sorts of fun. Warmer weather is coming, so more shenanigans will be posted on there soon.

See you back here tomorrow, though, for shawl number two.

We're going pure alpaca, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment