Friday, December 29, 2017

Quiet Setbacks

My goal was to have shawl number 12 done and blocked by New Year's Eve. But that's just not going to happen.

This month has been one of the roughest ones of our lives. We lost a beloved family member, as well as a... well, I'm not sure how I would refer to them. Someone in our lives, let's put it that way.

Funerals, dog sitting, break-ups in the family, struggling with my mental health...

Not to mention trying to do some Christmas presents.

It's been overwhelming.

I've been trying to work diligently on Ashton, but I recognize when things are truly impossible. She's not getting done by the deadline I set for myself.

I'm trying to not beat myself up too much, but it still stings.

But I'm not giving up entirely.

Ashton will be finished. And she will be finished soon.

This is a setback, not a surrender.


Onwards we march, dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment