Sunday, June 24, 2018

A Plethora of Plushies

As I said in my last post, I HAVE been working on stuff. Surprising to most of you I'm sure, I wasn't working much on any of the fifty-million shawls I currently have going.

I was in need of easy, fast projects to help soothe my battered heart and keep me from stabbing people with my needles. So I started making a metric crap-ton of plushies.

I started on this little dude right after we lost Oscar.



I had originally intended to make him out of a different yarn, in worsted weight. But all the worsted I have is pretty muted and dark. I needed something brighter. I stumbled across this bulky MadTosh yarn while stash diving and knew I had found a winner.

Bubbles here (yes, I named him. Don't act surprised) came out so much bigger than I imagined and that absolutely delighted me.


Being able to start and finish a project in just two days definitely helped bring me a little out of the fog. I wanted to keep chasing that high, so I kept knitting.

Next was the otter I had promised John a while ago.


Yep, he's even wearing a little triangle scarf made of some leftover fingering weight yarn.

He now occupies a corner of John's desk at work. It makes me a little sad that he's alone, so I'll probably have to make him a friend soon.

Next up was a long-ago made promise for Kayla in the form of a Junimo from Stardew Valley.



Followed by the LAST DAMN BULBASAUR THAT I WAS COMMISSIONED FOR!


And finally, a birthday present for Vi.


You would have thought I learned my lesson with Bubbles and make it a wee bit smaller...


...Yeah, it got Ashtaned instead.

I do have another plush/art doll thing that I hinted at a while back, but I think it's deserving of its own post.

And lest you think I've abandoned my shawls entirely, here's a progress pic of Fade.


I'm on color 3 of 7 and section 6 of 13. The only problem is that I want to make some changes to the colors I chose...

And I have to buy new yarn to do that.

So much for this being a stash-only project.

But really, did you expect anything less of me?

Of course you didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment