Monday, July 30, 2018

How Dost Thou Faire?

You know that little voice that always tells you that you have way more time to get stuff done than what you think?

Yeah, it's a real bitch.

And it seems to be plaguing my entire life at the moment.

Take my Fade shawl for example.



I started the bloody thing back in May. I had originally intended to finish it for the Destination Yarn open house in July, but that didn't happen.

So then I moved my goal to done before Ren Faire.

That also didn't happen. 

But surely I could finish it in time for the latest pj party?

Nope.

I'm still on section 11. I'm *closer* to the end. But not quite close enough. So, once again the deadline gets moved.

Ren Faire also hit me like a freight train. I had elaborate plans for my costume this year... want to guess what never magically materialized?

Grandma ended up doing practically everything for us, for which I'm eternally grateful.

I did, however, make myself a giant set of horns because why the hell not?


They were a hit, as I had many people compliment me on them and ask for pictures. Not bad for doing them in less than 24 hours.

I didn't actually take any pics of things at the faire itself, but here are a bunch of pics of me and the friendos.








I also wore a shirt this year that....errrr..... worked better with my corset.


Heaving bosoms... heaving bosoms everywhere.

I bought a few little treasures, too.


I also bought a wee little stained glass star, but I forgot to grab it when taking pics.

But lest you feel like you're missing out, I made a TOTALLY ACCURATE REPRESENTATION for you.

See? You can TOTALLY envision it now!

You are very welcome.

John got me this adorable pair of glass owl earrings.


AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN OUR TWELVE YEAR RELATIONSHIP HE BOUGHT ME A DAMN FLOWER


Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go faint 'pon yonder fainting couch from shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment