Tuesday, January 22, 2019

In January, We Wear Pink

Well, this month has been a punch in the face.

I am FINALLY over this damn cold... just in time for John to get it.

*sigh*

Anyway, I DID manage to get January's KOGOTP project done.

I started this thing clear back in fall of 2017 with the intention of gifting it to Renee for her birthday.

Yes, I know. I was just a *wee* bit late.

But it's done now and gifted to her so I can show it off here!


I made her another one of my bulky sweater shrug things.


"So Ashtan..... where's the usual photo shoot?"

Listen, the fact that I was able to finish this thing at all is a bloody miracle.

Blocking it was a total nightmare that zapped all of my energy. And trying to keep it away from as much cat hair as possible since Renne is allergic? Hello, energy debt.

I got it finished up as fast as I could and sent down to her before I could infect it with my germy-ness.

So, no photo shoot. Just some attempt at artsy-fartsy pics on the bed that I was practically confined to.


Awww, yiss. Look at that *arty angle*.

Oh, you want to know about the actual knitting behind it?

You're acting like this is a knitting blog or something...


ANYway, this is another original lace pattern designed specifically with the recipient in mind. I wanted to incorporate leaves, as they have a special personal significance. Continuing the garden theme, the outside lace was meant to mimic trellises, while the middle is representative of vines twisting up through each other. Everything is reaching skyward, signifying growth and change, always striving to better itself.

Yeah, I know, much more in depth than, "I thought it'd look pretty."


I'm happy to report that Renee seems rather fond of it, despite how late it was.

And now I get to kick back and work on a relaxing project and certainly not something that is going to have literally dozens of ends to weave in that I'm designing purely out of my head...


Whoops...

---------------------------------------------------------
Like my writing? Why don't you buy me a coffee!

You can do so through my ko-fi link HERE: ko-fi.com/blackgoatknitting

Or donate directly through my paypal HERE: https://www.paypal.me/blackgoatknitting

1 comment:

  1. i would like to say - as the recipient of the "pink paradise" shawl....i have been gifted many times with beautiful heartfelt gifts but this was the one that caused me to burst into tears as i hugged it to me. if you ever wondered how to give the gift of Love..... ask Ashtan..... thank you is inadequate but its all i have!❤️

    ReplyDelete