Thursday, January 31, 2019

Magical Squish

Okay, so this blog is REALLY late.

Like, this-happened-two-weekends-ago late.

It's been a tough couple of weeks, okay?

Jass' UTI hasn't cleared up. Whatever strain of bacteria she's got going on is either resistant to the antibiotic she had, or we just need another round of it. They had to do off-site lab testing to find out which. So, we're waiting for those results and having to give her liquid antibiotics to keep her covered until we know what to do next.

And of course, this hasn't exactly been a cheap endeavour, soooo.... maybe check out the donations links below if you haven't yet? It's much appreciated!

ANYway, on to what I actually want to talk about.

One of my FAVORITE things that Harps & Thistles does is host various trunk shows throughout the year. And when Cindy announced that Knitcraft & Knittery would be the first trunk show of 2019, I found myself intrigued.

I mean, a fellow Harry Potter nerd? Right here in NE Ohio? What's not to love?

Mikayla and I decided to scope out the website in advance to see what sort of treasures we could find.

We both found this gorgeous skein of grey fingering weight. And that's where the trouble began.


Have you ever had one of those super polite, "But *I* want this, but we're friends, let's outpolite each other to see who ends up with it?" battles?

Well, that's what happened to us.

And I fought dirty.

I actually cart-jacked my darling yarn-wife.

I know! I know! I'm the WORST.

BUT to be fair, I really did need it for the edging of this Sort of Secret But Not Really shawl that I'm making.

I have already atoned for my sins, but damn. Wool fumes can really bring out the worst in people, amiright?

The weekend of the trunk show ended up being Snowmageddon, so I popped up Friday before we were all buried.


I only managed to snap a couple of quick pictures because I was too busy enjoying my conversation with Morgan, the wonderful dyer responsible for all this squishy gorgeousness.

Not only did I find out we had a lot in common, making me want to just be best friends instantly, but...


We also have a similar taste in colors.

LOOK AT THAT AMAZING MUTED COLOR PALETTE!

AND!

AND!



I want to cry with how pretty all that green is.

I was good and only got myself the one skein of yarn. (Which ended up being good in hindsight... fucking vet bills...)


AND LET ME TELL YOU, THIS SHIT IS SO GAT. DAMN. SOFT.

I'm already looking forward to buying soooooo much more yarn from Morgan.

Which is going to be super convenient seeing as Cindy will be stocking the yarn at the shop!

So, you can either order directly from the Knitcraft and Knittery website or come visit Harps & Thistles to squish it in person.

And let me tell you, you NEED to get some of this yarn in your stash.

I promise to not buy it all out from underneath you....

Maybe.

---------------------------------------------------------
Like my writing? Why don't you buy me a coffee!

You can do so through my ko-fi link HERE: ko-fi.com/blackgoatknitting

Or donate directly through my paypal HERE: https://www.paypal.me/blackgoatknitting

No comments:

Post a Comment