Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Ish-pirations

When listing of what I think of as *my* colors, anything eye-wateringly bright is nowhere on it. Neon friggin pink? That's on another plane of existence from my list.

So why the heck is this...


*THIS* my new favorite shawl?!?!?!

Teroldego started as an explosion of inspiration from an instagram post by Diana (@pepperminta on instagram). The colors she picked just made my little heart explode and made me want to start one of my own immediately.


So I did.

And I can't take it off.


Seriously. 


It's become my go-to, I'm-kinda-chilly shawl.


Along with my fabulously comfortable new dress there.

But who cares about that? Let's keep looking at the shawl.


For the yarn I used Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock in Kraken, Malabrigo Sock in Fuschia, and Manos del Uruguay Alegria in Leo.

I actually ran out of the first skein of Kraken, but had some left over from a different project, thankfully.


I modded this shawl so much from the original pattern, it might as well be called Teroldego-ish.

One of those mods included replacing bobbles with beads.


As for the rest....

Well, here's my list from Ravelry:

-Beads instead of bobbles

-Fewer stripes in the middle section

-Fudged some increases to get to 200 stitches

-Started lace rows with 82 stitches on the left, 118 on the right (not including 4 extra icord stitches)

-Less lace rows in the second section (think I stopped at row 68)

-I-cord edges

Final section

-garter instead of stockinette

-doubled the increase/decrease pattern to end more quickly

-more rows in this section as a consequence of less lace rows

-icord bind off

All of the above changes were to accommodate a limited amount of yarn. I would have run out of the pink and possibly the gold if I would have done the full size.


There's not much else to say about it, other than it feels like a dream to wear, so let's just look at more pretty pictures.





OH WAIT! There IS something else I can talk to you about!

So, it actually took us TWO DAYS to take these pictures because Yours Truly thought that she could outrace the weather. We'd originally tried to go on Saturday, but as I walked to the park, the sky looked like this.


We had a big storm incoming, which also wreaked havoc on my hair, so I wasn't exactly feeling pretty.

See?


It was so dull and lifeless.

And the light kept changing wildly, which made the pictures even worse.


We tried to get a few interesting, arty shots with the storm clouds in the background, but no luck. It just washed out my shawl.


Though I am rather fond of this one.


Anyway, second day went better and you get to see the shawl in all it's bright glory, as it should be.


Along with a smiling, happy knitter utterly enthralled with her knew creation.

Just as it should be.

---------------------------------------------------------
Like my writing? You can help support me and future writing projects directly by donating through the links below!

Ko-fi link: ko-fi.com/blackgoatknitting

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/blackgoatknitting

No comments:

Post a Comment