Sunday, November 24, 2019

Cold Hollywood

So I had started this week intending to write a blog post about some of the stuff I was currently working on, including the shawl I was making to wear to the formal Christmas party with Kevin and Renee.

See? This was taken Monday.


I procrastinated my writing and in the meantime and, uhhh..... I finished the knitting.

Seriously, I bound it off Thursday. So I decided I might as well wait until the weekend to make the post.

It would be better, right? I could put on some pretty clothes and show y'all something awesome.

I even posted some teaser pics on my instagram stories to get the hype up.



And because I needed validation after sewing nearly 40 of those goddamned beads to the points of this thing.

ANYway, I woke up this morning with every intention of going out and taking fancy pictures of this beauty, but then I realized I just didn't want to.

I didn't sleep well last night, I didn't feel like making myself look all fancy... and it was cold. Like REALLY FUCKING COLD. Cold enough that I did NOT want to stand around in just a dress to make things pretty.

So instead, you get these super quick shots out front.


This is yet another Sunshine and Pinwheels, the same pattern I made for my family member back in August. I even used the same yarn (Malabrigo Mora) but in a different color.

It's really hard to tell in pictures, but this is the color of antique linens. Y'know that wonderful brown patina they get? Yeah, that's what this looks like.


And of course as you already saw, I had to go full Extra Mode and not only add beads in the pattern, but also sewed on those teardrop crystals on the points as well.

It gives the whole thing an Old Hollywood feel. And it looks FABULOUS with the emerald green velvet dress I have to wear.


But if you feel like you're missing out on my beautiful face in this post, well, I don't want to leave my dear readers disappointed.

So here you go: Me in all my hair-blowing-pj-wearing-no-makeup-or-bra glory.



I even took some Moody Selfies.



A special thank you to my long-suffering spouse who hates being cold with a passion that rivals my hatred of being hot.


Love you babe!


---------------------------------------------------------
Like my writing? You can help support me and future writing projects directly by donating through the links below!

Ko-fi link: ko-fi.com/blackgoatknitting

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/blackgoatknitting

No comments:

Post a Comment