Thursday, November 14, 2019

Steady On

When we last left off, I was a mere 6 rows and a picot bind-off away from finishing my vow renewal shawl.

I'm happy to report that it is, in fact, finished.

Even though the bind-off did its best to kill me. It took me 15 hours to do...

Yeah...

Anyway, I don't have any finished pictures yet because my skin decided that a giant friggin zit ON MY LIP of all places was what I needed. And I don't really want that in my photos with such a gorgeous shawl. So instead you can just have this teaser of the pre-blocked beauty.


As for everything else relating to the vow renewal, things are steadily moving forward.

We're working on getting the Christmas decorations up, which are also the deorations we're using for the ceremony.

The mantle is done.


Some of the garlands are up.


I've started on the tree.


But I do need to go buy more decorations for it because it's just *slightly* bigger than we anticipated.

Even all this isn't enough.


But I am fond of how the top is shaping up.


Speaking of this tree, this is the one I bought when Pat Catan's was going out of business earlier this year. I paid a whopping $36 for it.

Want to know the original price?


Yep.

A $700 tree for $36.

This is probably my best buy to date.

On the knitting front, I've started a new shawl to wear for Christmas itself.


It's another Sunshine and Pinwheels in Malabrigo Mora. I made one in August for my cousin and I loved how it looked in this yarn so much that I HAD to make one for myself.

This color totally reminds me of antique linens, which is delightful. I think it'll be lovely with my emerald green velvet dress.

I'm considering adding jet black crystal beads to the points, too. Because why make life easier for myself?

I've also knit a couple of hats for John and myself.

No formal photos yet, but here you go.



This is just an improvised design, but I DID write it all down, so I'll probably throw it up on here eventually as a free pattern.

I especially love the giant pom-pom on mine.


I also have some knitting-to-be in the form of the Anthophila Sweater.

It has bees on it. How can I not?

I'm thinking ivory body and gold bees.


Wouldn't that be stunning?

This will probably be my January/February project. An indulgence of selfish knitting after the holiday rush.

Because yes, I AM ALSO KNITTING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS.

I *obviously* don't have enough to do.

But going back to the selfish knitting, I was kinda maybe considering hosting a craft-along around that theme? Some self-care crafting at the start of the year for everyone who needs it. Does that sound like something you'd be interested in? Let me know!

For now, though, I need to get back to work. Today's goals were to write this and finish painting our upstairs hallway. And sadly, I haven't completed my painting robot, so I guess that's on me to do.

So, I'll leave you with our color inspiration for this space.



Cheers!

---------------------------------------------------------
Like my writing? You can help support me and future writing projects directly by donating through the links below!

Ko-fi link: ko-fi.com/blackgoatknitting

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/blackgoatknitting

No comments:

Post a Comment