Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Roller Coaster... And Not the Fun Kind

Last week...

Oof.

It was ridiculous the way things were.

It started with a coming out of someone I love, which was amazing and wonderful.

It was immediately followed by our car acting up, requiring a shop visit.

Then there was another uncomfortable discussion with a family member.

And then I woke up Friday to find my beloved Katie bird had passed away sometime during the night.

And that almost broke me entirely.


She was an older bird, so it wasn't entirely surprising or unexpected, but it's never easy losing such a precious family member.

So my Friday was spent between sobbing so hard I thought I was going to throw up and being so damn anxious about Saturday that I also felt like I was going to throw up.

And what was Saturday you ask?

My tattoo appointment for the tattoo my loved ones and friends so generously contributed to.


Because I was so worn down from the week, my brain decided to just be an ass and I was more nervous about this tattoo than any other I've ever gotten.

It didn't help that we were running super late and I was feeling like crap. I'd lost my appetite over the week and could barely choke down something to eat. And you HAVE to have something in your stomach to get a tattoo.

But Margot (my artist) put me at ease and everything went beautifully.


I especially ADORE the bee.


I've spent the last two days just kinda chilling and working on my vow renewal shawl, which is ALMOST DONE!

I'm six rows and a picot bind-off away from finishing this thing. I'm a little worried about running out of beads, but my last skein of yarn is waiting in the mailbox. So I'm going to keep this brief and leave you all with this little teaser.


---------------------------------------------------------
Like my writing? You can help support me and future writing projects directly by donating through the links below!

Ko-fi link: ko-fi.com/blackgoatknitting

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/blackgoatknitting

No comments:

Post a Comment