Monday, October 19, 2015

Icicles Hangin' From My Nose

It is really bloody cold in our house.

Like, really, really cold.

Like 53°F in our house.

I may actually be rethinking my feelings on how much I love cold weather...

The furnace is acting up and we can't have anyone come look at it until after Friday. The past few days have been frozen hell. Everyone is wandering around with multiple layers on topped with a blanket fashioned into a cape.

In my desperate attempt to trick myself into thinking I'm warmer than what I really am, I've tossed all of my other projects aside and started knitting myself a cabled wrap out of some Wool of the Andes Superwash Bulky. I'm even holding it double. Double the yarn, double the warm factor, right?

John doesn't need to know that the yarn was originally supposed to be used as a blanket for him. If I die of cold, I won't be around to knit him anything else. I think it's worth the sacrifice to use the yarn for me.


Once I'm done with it, I'm planning on releasing it as a pattern on Ravelry. Then you guys can be warm, too!

I'm also starting a matching sweater for Chloe. I even did a swatch all proper-like. Free pattern here.


And because I don't feel right if I don't have a shawl on the needles at all times, I started Passe-Partout for my grandma. 


I'm on the third section already. I'm really loving the Three Irish Girls yarn, but I had a bit of a disaster.


That is about a third of a skein, lost to tangles. Fortunately, a friend of mine (who is much more patient than I ever will be) is going to be kind enough to sort this out for me. 

In happier news, I own a washing machine again. Is it sad that I've been absolutely ecstatic about washing my own clothes? 

Well, it's about dinner time, which means I get to go hover around a warm stove. Any other time, this is a chore. Not tonight, baby. And the fact that we have a guest over (Hi, Em!) means I have to cook more. Oh, damn, guess I better get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment