Tuesday, October 27, 2015

*Ominous, but determined, music plays*


Christmas knitting season is upon us, dear friends. Fifty-eight days lay between us and our goal of handmade gifts for all of our loved ones.

Are you prepared? Have you made your list of the people who are knit-worthy this year? Have you bought your yarn? Have you picked out your patterns?

I, in a completely surprising show of thoughtfulness and organization, have actually made my list. I've picked my patterns. And I've started buying my yarn.

In fact, I've even finished something already!


Okay, it's half of something. And I still haven't woven in the ends. But for me, this is a huge change from my usual habit of waiting until the last minute.


My god, it even fits adult human hands. I'm scaring myself here.

By my count I have the following to make in the next 58 days: 2 cowls, 1 tablet case, 1 hat, 3 shawls, 5 flannel lap quilts, 7 pairs of fingerless gloves, 5 casserole carriers, and 1 pair of mittens.

All three shawls were already WIP's. 

And two pairs of the gloves are commissions. 

But...

Holy shit. 

I should have started in July...


This is only a fraction of the yarn that I'll be using for Christmas. The rest I still need to order.

What the hell was I thinking?!


Maybe I should knit myself a triangle shawl out of the skein of Felicity that I picked up from the Three Irish Girls trunk show to make myself feel better...

In other news, I was finally able to snap some pictures of the tea cozy I made for Renee for her birthday.



Pattern is the Honey for Tea cozy on Ravelry. Mine is a loose interpretation of it, so be warned. I used worsted weight rather than fingering, fewer repeats, and an i-cord for the closure. The bees are also my own design, using a 5 stitch i-cord.

Well, I suppose it's back to the deluge of Christmas yarn I need to magically turn into gifts.

58 days, people. 58 days.

Where's Gandalf when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment