Saturday, November 28, 2015

Let's Get Funky-a

Ten days.

Ten. Days.

Ten. F*cking. DAYS!

That, my friends, is exactly how long it took me to knit Funkia.

Yeah, I can't believe it myself.

But here it is.





It blocked out to a whopping 88 inch wingspan with a 40 inch spine. I was honestly afraid I was going to run out of yarn.

Unfortunately, I think my knitting career is over. I'm never going to be able to top this.

Better to retire while I'm still on top, right?

Alas, Christmas is approaching fast, so I dove right back in to knitting.

Presenting present number four!


Just a simple stockinette hat with a 2x1 ribbed brim. It's also my very first knit hat. Yarn is Three Irish Girls Springvale Worsted in Blackberry Cobbler. 

Here's a better picture of the colors.


John actually liked the hat so much he finally agreed to let me knit him one. So, we traipsed up to Harps and Thistles today for Small Business Saturday. He picked out some TIG in Driftwood initially, but we also found some Dream Classy in Shiny Moss. My poor, indecisive husband couldn't choose, so he's getting two hats.

We've been on the go since last Friday, so I think it's time to just go chill out now with some Steam Powered Giraffe and working on a quick, fun project.

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment