Monday, December 14, 2015

On the 12th day before Christmas...


That's it. That's all that's between me and the end of my Christmas knitting. That would be:

  • One stranded hat
  • One plain hat
  • One fingerless glove
  • A triangle scarf
There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Mind you, this isn't counting any of my other craft stuff to get done, but let me have this little victory.

I am so ready to work on something pretty and lacy. Which is probably a good thing, seeing as I have 6 shawls to finish by the middle of May.

I also have something else in the works that I'm hoping to share with you guys next week. It's going to be fun...

So, anyone who knows me knows that it's next to impossible for me to not give people their gifts early. I try. I really do. But I can't help it.

I decided to secretly make John a hat for Christmas. He didn't think I had time (something that I encouraged him to believe) and figured that I would make him one sometime after Christmas. I got it done super fast and posted about it on facebook under privacy settings so he couldn't see.




It was awesome. I was going to pull one over on him!

Well.... this picture was taken that night.


I can't help it. And he looks damn good in it.

I still have other presents for him, so I guess he's not completely screwed for Christmas.

I also got another Christmas hat done.


There are rainbows everywhere in this area. We had a double rainbow show up the other day and I was actually able to get a decent picture of it!


Also.....


We're back in business. If this one gets torn down, two more will go up. If they get destroyed, four more then. We're willing to paint this whole house in rainbow colors, if that's what it takes.

Nothing like a giant FU to the bigots to really ring in the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment