Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Beans, Beans, Beans

I just survived one hell of a week, people. Colds, ulcer flare-ups, insomnia, finding out I no longer have a doctor, Star Wars being spoiled before I could see it, being covered in a pet's blood not once, but twice in as many days...

Yeah.

Suffice to say, not a heck of a lot of crafty stuff got done last week. 

I did go to the Harp's & Thistles PJ party and got to hang out with two of my favorite people (hello, Sarah and Mikayla!). I also picked up a skein of Malabrigo Rios as a "woe-is-me" pity present.


It's an absolutely terrible photo that doesn't do this yarn justice, but I currently have a rather adorable dog sleeping on my lap. So I'm not likely to get up and take another picture.


Isn't she sweet?

The stuff I did get done, I can't show off yet. It's the last of my Christmas presents, which will be distributed Sunday.

I also made Sarah a tote bag, but I completely forgot to take pictures of it. Just use your imagination. It was pretty awesome.

I've also managed to knit a few rows on Celestarium, but not nearly enough. I really need to get my ass in gear and get these shawls done, since I also have to MAKE LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE FOR THIS VOW RENEWAL!

May seems like it's a long way off, but it's really not. Unfortunately, my brain can't accept that and keeps telling me that we have plenty of time. 

Speaking of Celestarium, currently on Instagram (@ageeksgirl08, if you'd like to follow me) there's a trend of knitters posting videos showing how they knit. Check out the hashtags #loop2loop and #howIknit 

I bullied John in to recording for me and added mine to the list. Here it is, for those of you without Instagram.


I also, my dear friends, have come to the conclusion that a traveling shawl is just not going to work for me. I'm an instant gratification sort of person. Knitting the same shawl for a year is going to cause me to stab myself in the eyeballs with my rosewoods. And nobody wants me to do that.

Instead, I'm going to start dragging him around everywhere...


This is Beans. He's a Baby Alpacasso plush from the Amuse company and quite possibly the most adorable thing ever. He's pocket sized and perfect for tossing in my knitting bag before going on an adventure.

He looks a little cold, though...


Much better!

Beans will make regular appearances here on the blog, so keep an eye out for him!

Don't look at me like I'm crazy. Do you honestly believe I wouldn't knit a tiny hat and scarf for a tiny stuffed animal? An alpaca at that? C'mon now. You know me better than that.

We won't talk about the fact that I already have a whole wardrobe planned out in my head...

As much as I'd love to prattle on, I want to dive back into Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's (THE Yarn Harlot) book, Knitting Rules. I highly recommend picking yourself up a copy. It will have you smiling and nodding along, saying, "Yep. That's totally happened to me!"

Reading a knitting book still counts as knitting, right?

*looks at the giant pile of yarn-that-needs-to-be-turned-into-shawls-soon*

Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment