Wednesday, September 14, 2016

A Gratuitous Amount of Green

A post? With actual knitting? AND A FINISHED PROJECT?!

Yep.

As some of you know, there have been some changes in my love life recently. I'm planning on talking about it in another post, but for now, just know that I'm currently involved with three people. And yes, all of them know about each other.

Anyway, for my latest partner, I did what I always do and felt the overwhelming need to make them ALL OF THE THINGS!

I settled on making them a hat in a rather... alarming... shade of green.

Say hello to the Neon Ski Bonnet.


Knit with Three Irish Girls Springvale Worsted in Bells of Ireland.

Not only a gratuitous amount of green, but also a gratuitous amount of pompom action. That is an entire skein of yarn for that little thing.

AND LOOK AT THE PULL STRINGS AND TASSELS! I'm right proud of them.


This hat and I had a lot of arguments, though. There are a ton of mods, all of which are detailed on my Ravelry project page.

The most glaring one, much to my shame, is the fact that every single one of those cables are the opposite of what they should be. But I wasn't about to rip them all out and start over.

"Repeat the mistake on the next row, and hey! it's now the pattern."


I actually love this thing so much that I'm planning on knitting a second one just for myself.


Oh, yes, my hair.

I dyed it a lovely shade of red-violet, which means I now have to go and knit myself a bunch of new stuff to compliment it.


What's that?

Something about Christmas knitting?


Can't hear you over the sound of my glorious mane...

No comments:

Post a Comment