Monday, September 12, 2016

374

The number of days it has been since I started my blog.

Yes, I'm a little late on the anniversary post. Great Trails always tends to wipe me out.

Anyway, I'm not feeling over sentimental at the moment, so rather than some flowery speech about gratefulness and nostalgia, let's look at this from a pure numbers standpoint.

My very first post was on September 3rd, 2015. I ended up with 16 pageviews on it (half of which were probably my own before I figured out you could turn that off).

My posts for the first couple of months averaged around 20 pageviews per post, except for a few that did exceptionally well and averaged over 75.

Current posts receive around 30 - 50, effectively doubling my numbers.

By far, my best post was the one I made about Celestarium, which blew past all the averages and is sitting at 276 views.

My total pageviews (at the time of this writing) sit at 2,997.

My humble little blog has been read nearly three thousand times, a fact that is a little mind blowing.

From a project standpoint, I've gotten a heck of a lot more done than I realized.

Completed projects are as follows.

  • Shawls
    • Dragon Scale
    • Funkia
      • Where I realized that I can actually do crazy things.
      • Also, discovered talent of making giant-ass shawls
    • Time Vi-Tex
      • First shawl that I really branched out and cobbled together my own pattern.
    • Passe-Partout
    • Maori
    • Golden Tree
    • Celestarium
      • You already know that this is my most precious of babies.
    • Love Street
      • My second shawl to be featured on the Ravelry pattern page.
      • First shawl that I'm actually super excited/willing to knit a second time.
That brings us to a grand total of 28 knitting/crochet projects completed. Which feels like a goodly amount of stuff. Especially because that's not including all of my other creative endeavors. 

In my first blog, I also talk about my newest interest, book binding. I didn't realize at the time that it would quickly become my other go-to craft. Which means that I have yet another craft that I have to buy ALL OF THE SUPPLIES for.

Speaking of which, shall we take a look at all the yarn that I purchased in the past year?

Yeah, probably not. John would weep if he realized just how much of our income was sacrificed to the wooly gods.

I know I said I wasn't going to get sentimental, but I really do need to take a minute and talk about just what this blog has meant to me. In total, I wrote 51 posts, covering everything from yarn purchases, to mental illness struggles, to adventures we had. That averages out to almost one a week. I've tried several times in the past to commit to maintaining a blog and up until now, I've never succeeded. 

I've had times where I have struggled so hard to write something, anything, for a post. I had to fight to get it done, force myself in to not letting my mind get the best of me. I had to do a post. I had to keep going. I made a commitment, and I was going to stick to it. 

Did I backslide a couple of times? Of course. 

But the fact of the matter is that I did stick with it. And I'm damn proud of that fact.

This blog has become an extension of myself. A tool to help keep track of my life and my accomplishments. A reminder that I am capable of great things.

It has helped me to gain a sense of confidence and self-worth. Something that has already caused drastic, positive changes in my life.

It has helped me say thank you when spoken words have failed me. It has helped me say goodbye to loved ones. And it has helped me to truly learn who I am in my head and my heart.

So thank you, my dear readers, for your support, love, and comments. 

Here's to the next 374 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment