Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Cact-i Don't Know What Happened

This post is going to be absolutely punishing.

Seriously, you'll be on pins and needles.

Though I should forewarn you that you'll knit find anything wool related in this post.

Okay, I'm done being a prick and I'll get to the point.

Cactuses.

Or Cacti.

Whatever you prefer.

I suddenly seem to have developed a fondness for them.

It's starting to border on obsession.

Let me explain.

Last Thursday, I was having a terrible morning filled with anxiety. My hands were aching for something to do to try and get my mind off of things. I didn't think knitting would be a good idea since the only things I had to work on at the moment require full concentration and a relaxed hand.

So I looked around for something, anything else. I mean, I have dabbled in a multitude of crafts. There had to be one that would work for me at the moment. I ended up deciding on watercolor painting. I mean, if my hands wouldn't stop shaking, I could just call the resulting mess "abstract art."

The problem was what the hell should I even try and make?

I attempted to make a recreation of a night sky and that... well, saying it didn't work is probably the kindest thing.

So, I sat there, wracking my brain trying to come up with something.

Apparently, "cactus" was the answer I had been looking for.

For my first attempt, I made this.


It was really just a practice piece, seeing as I haven't worked much with watercolors before. But it was a lot of fun. So much so that I really wanted to keep making more. But what the heck was I going to do with a bunch of cactus watercolors on full size pieces of paper?

So, I pulled out my Artist Trading Cards and went to town. (For those of you who don't know, ATC are 2.5x3.5 inches.)


This was the first one I did. Yes, that is an inexplainable, ridiculous amount of pretty, dangly nonsense hanging around it.

I decided to do a set of three total, then, all with different metallics.


The silver one. 


And, my favorite, is my copper one. Copper is my favorite metal, so I *may* have put a little more effort in this one.

I also did a set of three succulents. Mixed metals this time.


And, damnit, I just want to keep making more! 

The problem is, where I am I going to hang up all of these now?!

Uhhh.... 

Anyone want a cactus? Help me feed my addiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment