Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Pal-entines Day?

Rather than sitting here waxing poetic about my lovers (that comes next weekend) I thought I'd take some time to talk about all the platonic loves in my life. My besties, my darlings, my babes.

In no particular order, I'm going to take a second and talk about each of them.

Bethany, what can I say? You are my logical, whip smart other half. Partner in crime and fellow shopping addict. I love that no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other, we pick up right where we left off. You were my kickass MOH, my college companion, and still my ever constant bestie. I love how much we laugh together and all of the most obscure inside jokes we've ever come up with. You'll always be the Doctor to my Detective.

Kayla, it's been a long time, my Potter-lovin' pal. It makes me so happy that we're still friends after all these years. I love having someone that I can nerd out about board games and D&D with. And who understands that Chris Perkins is God and Matt Mercer is Jesus and it isn't weird to fangirl about them in the slightest.

Mikayla, you are my soft-spoken darling. The mother-figure to someone who often needs an adulty-er adult to look after her since she's too busy fretting over everyone else. You always make me laugh, which as you know, is something that I appreciate a whole heck of a lot. You're the best sister-in-wool I could ask for. Thanks for always letting me vent about all the times I inevitably knit myself into a corner without laughing at me too much.

Caitlin, my sarcastic, wooly temptress. (You know what I'm talking about, with your hand dyed etsy links...) I appreciate your vast array of fiber knowledge and could kiss you for all the times you've helped me piece out how to fix a problem. Your fiercely loyal nature is inspiring and I know who to call if I ever need someone's ass kicked. I have to admit, it was easy to buy, though. Just had to throw some wooly goodness your way. I guess as much as you tempt me, I do the same right back. I will forever be grateful that I pushed through my anxiety and started talking to you and Taylor at the conference. Having another couple who shares our world view has been amazing and John and I both appreciate you fully.

Sea, my beautiful, creative soul. Your constant encouragement in regards to my art is so greatly appreciated. It's so reassuring and lovely to know that I have someone that I can talk to about any topic at all, whether that be politics, art, body acceptance, sex, or trivial little things that are entirely unimportant. Your wonderful laugh and easy going nature are soothing to me. I feel like I can relax entirely around you. You are another person who has been in my life for a long time and I am just so damn happy that that has been the case.

Morgan, I miss you so, my dear! My eternal ray of sunshine, I know that you'll always chase away the clouds. I can never thank you enough for the gift you bestowed upon me by teaching me to knit. I owe you for everything. Thank you so much for just being one of the best people that I know.

Vi. My beautiful, wonderful, darling Vi. I honestly don't know if I can adequately sum up exactly how much you mean to me, but I'm going to try. It's amazing to me just how close we've become. Our little triforce is my refuge. I know I can talk to you about anything and you'll always be there to give me support, advice, a hug... or an alibi. Your strength of will is a wonder to behold and I never doubt that you WILL get everything in life that you want. Thank you, truly, deeply, for everything, love.

A most happy of days, my darlings. I love you all so much! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment