Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Steaming Forward

Ren Faire is this coming Saturday. Which means I've been running around like bloody mad over the last few weeks. This weekend was especially chaotic.

So, my weekend(...week?... intolerable number of busy days?)  in a nutshell:

Thursday and Friday ended up being dedicated to cleaning out the garage and backroom since my grandpa has decided that he wants to rent our garage during the winter for his Nova.

I did take some time in the evening to work on this ridiculous last minute shawl.


Well, as much as the cat would let me.

Saturday, I looked cute.


Bought a lace cardigan for $5.


Bought the rest of John's costume.


And knit some more.


Sunday friends came over.

I looked cute again.


We made a mess.


And made our masks.


Then everyone left and I worked on Vi's hat.


And mine.

(Photo from my instagram story, so pardon the text. Did you know I'm on instagram? Go over there to follow me ------->)



And I tweaked my mask a bit more until I was satisfied with it.


Then I took a bunch of selfies of my ridiculous post-bun Hermione hair.




So floofy. :3

Yesterday I was supposed to knit.

And I did... sorta.


I'm on row 9 out of the 30 rows of edging. But working on it is... mind-numbingly boring. It just needs to be done already.

I did do some things yesterday.

I finished a tube of chapstick for the first time in my life.


I took a picture of a cat.


(Wide angle lenses are fun.)

And I remade my hat when I realized that I had stupidly put everything facing the wrong way...


So that brings us to today. And really, the rest of this week.

This is what I still have to accomplish before Saturday.


  • Decorate two additional masks
  • Finish knitting this damned shawl
  • Block said shawl
  • Learn how to steam block so I can do Vi's shawl that she's also making last minute for this weekend
  • Finish John's accessories for his costume
  • Find shoes for myself
  • Finish adding crystals and other dangly bits to my ball crown
  • Make jewellry for the ball
  • Try not to cry too much
Friday I also have to take Al out to get Splatoon 2 and do some shopping with my grandma. 

So really, I have 3 days to get the whole list done. 


Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment