Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Well, Fuck You, Too

I managed to finish my shawl.

I even designed a custom border when the original annoyed me too much.

I even added bells to the edge for fun.


We had our differences. This yarn was a pain in my ass to work with. And I couldn't understand how this shawl got to be so big with so little yarn.

Washing it was a nightmare. It took 5 good washes to get all the excess dye out.

But it was done.

Just had to block.

Couldn't find my container of pins. But I luckily managed to find a spare pack while cleaning over the weekend, so I went and dug them out.

I started blocking like normal. Good and stretched out for this one.

It was an inch and a half too short on one side, so I decided to give it a little tug, like I've done with a million other shawls a million other times.

*pop*

It literally tore.

I managed to secure the stitches and I'm going to let it finish drying.

But I'm pissed.

I used the exact same bind off that I've used in nearly EVERY OTHER SHAWL I'VE KNIT.

But apparently the universe was like, "lol nope fuk u"

*sigh*

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the shower. Drinking a rum and coke. And trying to resist the urge to go set fire to the fucker.

1 comment:

  1. I just loved how beautifully you created this shawl and I appreciate your work. Keep doing this because you are perfect. Many wishes to you

    ReplyDelete