Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Flying Away

November's shawl... well, it's done.

Has been since Thanksgiving Day.

And I...well... let me tell you a bit about this shawl. I, for some ridiculous reason, decided that a shawl that was pretty much the epitome of everything I dislike doing in knitting would be a perfect project to tackle.

A big, solid colored blob of stockinette, weird increases, flat colorwork, ribbing, cables... all in one project.

Yep.

And it came out... fine,  I guess.


The colorwork was pretty solid.


And the faux-cables (the only thing that I ended up liking doing!) are lovely.


But this shawl just isn't... me.

It just doesn't feel right when I try to wear it. It just feels off somehow.

I couldn't even fake a smile when we were taking pictures.


See? Not happy. Not enthused. Not ready to add this one to the collection.

Apparently, Henry had me knit it for someone else. He just didn't bother to let me know until after I was done with it.

So, this one is going to fly away to the someone it was meant to belong to.

And that's perfectly fine with me.

Besides, I already have this month's shawl on the needles. And in true Ashtan fashion...

It's going to be big...


Beaded...


And named after me.

Let's end this year, this project, and this journey with a bang, eh?


Because next year is already promising to be just as exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment