Thursday, March 1, 2018

Joyous Natal Felicitations!

Well, today is the Queen Mum's birthday.


No, not that Queen Mum.

THIS Queen Mum.


Even more specifically, MY Queen Mum.

It has been claimed that we look a lot alike.


Frankly, I don't know what people are talking about.

(Also, yes, I was a blonde at one time.)

My mom's definitely been best friend more than anything, being confidant, consoler, and advice giver throughout the years.


She was one of the very first people to teach me and my sisters what it meant to be creative beings.


Her and my grandmother were among the first people who let us all explore whatever craft or hobby we girls could come up with, imparting their wisdom and offering what advice they could.

That creative freedom turned into life skills and crafting abilities that have helped define and shape who we are.


Mom's always good for a laugh, with us usually all trading quips and jokes that eventually leave us all crying on the floor, clutching our sides.


She also put herself through years of schooling to become the kickass paramedic that she is today. Not only did she pursue this career path, but did so as someone in their 40's. That takes a hell of a lot of dedication, energy, and time. 

And it's probably the thing that I'm most inspired by. That it's never too late to tackle an all new life path and become the person you want to be.


So happy, birthday, mom. I'm so proud of the things you've accomplished in your life. Love you dearly. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment