Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Much Ado About Nothing

Since I really have just been doing a mishmash of things waiting for the Lunar Phase MKAL to start, I figured a list post will get y'all up to speed about my current crafty happenings.

1. My goal was to finish Mystic Star before the end of the month.


2. There's no way that's actually happening. Because I thought I was going to run out of yarn, so I bought more. Annnnnd now I have enough to Ashtan it.


3. Doing said Ashtaning required designing an extra chart, which is Ashtaning it so hard that I think I've reached a new plane of existence.

4. I also got the yarn to do my ceremony shawl. Went with Knit Pick's Gloss Fingering in Jade.


5. I'm still waffling on patterns, but I think I may have narrowed it down to the final few.

4. Those will probably change again in a month.

6. I actually did a bit of non-knitting crafting and rebound this copy of Peter Pan for Bethany.




7. No, I didn't realize that John was creeping in the background.

8. I ALSO did some cross stitching.


9. Yes, I designed the pattern myself.

10. This surprises none of you.

11. John got crafty himself and made me a Mustard the Wonder Llama.


12. I've been indulging in coffee nearly every day since I caught a bloody cold.

13. Drinking said coffee out of the body of an Elder God is probably the reason why I felt better so fast.


14. I CAN FINALLY PLAY SUBNAUTICA AND THIS IS MY CUDDLEFISH AND HE'S THE GREATEST THING EVER.


15. I started a Flower Market shawl, but was bored quickly with it. It's currently in time out.



16. I freaked out about not having anything done for show and tell at the next pj party, so I knit this in less than 12 hours.




17. Said hat is the greatest thing ever and I am amazed at how friggin cute I feel while wearing it.

18. The Hat Feels led to an overindulgent amount of selfies.




19. Turns out that there was no need to freak out about not having anything for the pj party because Steph and Mikayla won't be going, so I'm skipping, too.

20. I finally picked the last yarn for the Lunar Phase MKAL just a few before the first clue was released.


21. I did the Ashtan thing and added beads to the pattern. 


22. That's probably the only photo you'll see until the end of the MKAL because SPOILERS, SWEETIE!

23. That's actually my second start of the pattern. I had to drop down a needle size because I knit so danged loose.

24. And because I have no self control, I knit 130 rows in 2 days. 

25. Yes, that was a stupid decision.

26. No, I can't feel my hands and that's why I'm writing this instead of knitting more.

27. This is a ridiculously long post and I should probably end it here.

28. Well, okay, I'll at least leave you with some Internet Tax.


29. Confession: I mostly stuck that there because it cracks John up every time he sees it.

30. Okay, goodbye for realsies this time. I'll try to find some more creative stuff to do to keep you from languishing with no content while I finish Lunar Phase. Assuming that my hands will remember how to work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment