Saturday, August 31, 2019

Pause

John and I have this new thing we've been doing a couple nights a week.


While he is driving home from work, I am heating up water... picking out cups... laying everything out just so.


Brewing tea for him, making coffee for me, and putting it in individual tea pots.


I make sure the sugar bowl is filled and my creamer is out.


The curtains between the dining room and living room are closed, giving us the illusion of privacy... at least until the cats start darting through said curtains, chasing each other.


We sit at the dining room table, phones down, and we just put everything else on pause.


It gives us a chance to talk about how we're feeling...really check in with each other. And lately, we've been needing it more than ever.


It's also been a great way for me to refocus my brain when I've had a really shitty day. The routine of making everything and setting everything out keeps my mind busy and slowly my anxiety and/or depression lessen enough for me to handle it.


I know that most of you can use a break, too. So consider this blog post your own chance to pause, to check in, to take a breath. To join us in the partaking of your favorite hot beverage and letting the burdens you bear lessen for just a moment.


You know me, I'm always here for support. And we'll always have a cup waiting for you.

---------------------------------------------------------
Like my writing? You can help support me and future writing projects directly by donating through the links below!

Ko-fi link: ko-fi.com/blackgoatknitting

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/blackgoatknitting

No comments:

Post a Comment