Saturday, August 24, 2019

Quiet Gifts

Sometimes projects are a long slog to get through them.

Others... well, they just kind of fall of the needles quietly.

Such was the case with my most recent finished shawl.

I wanted to make something for a family member, and quickly settled on Sunshine & Pinwheels. (Coincidentally, the very first lace shawl pattern I ever tried to knit... but that's for another post.)

I had some Malabrigo Mora mulberry silk yarn in my stash and thought it'd work up nicely in this pattern.

I was right, of course. And in just two weeks, I was finished.


I didn't really have time to go take proper pictures, so you'll have to excuse just these quick snaps.


There's just something so satisfying about a good white yarn and a simple lace pattern.


I added just a touch of pizzazz with some beads in the edging.


I wrapped it up, gave it to my family member, and moved onto my next project.


Quietly made, and quietly given.
---------------------------------------------------------
Like my writing? You can help support me and future writing projects directly by donating through the links below!

Ko-fi link: ko-fi.com/blackgoatknitting

Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/blackgoatknitting

No comments:

Post a Comment