Friday, November 20, 2020

Reversible Decisions

Clear back in June, I had a vague idea of wanting to do something Pride related. 

T'was the season and all. 

But I also was inspired by a friend's recent FO, a giant, squishy grey shawl. 

Soooo.... I combined the two!


No real pattern. I just knew that I wanted a triangle shape with a cabled spine.

I had some lovely yarn in my stash that was grey with a small pastel rainbow section. I started with a plain grey, faded into the pastel, and then decided that I didn't like the last color I had picked out, so attempted to dye myself something that would work with what I had.



And if that wasn't enough, I also decided near the end that I liked the back of the shawl better than the front. Which meant that I had to drop the spine clear back to the beginning, flip the shawl over, and knit everything back up.




There was a lot of cursing involved, but I did it, damnit.


It was totally worth it.

I wish I could say that it's one of my favorites in my collection, but somebody stole it right from me. 


Good thing I love you, Robyn. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love that you dropped the spine all the way back to get it how you want it. And I agree- fading looks better in reverse stockinette. Great FO!

    ReplyDelete