Sunday, October 2, 2016

Christmas Carnage

The weather has turned cold. Leaves are changing. We've hit October already.

And there are only 83 days left until Christmas.

I should be freaking out, scrambling around and trying to figure out how to knit that many gifts in such a short period. 

But I'm not. 

I've decided that I'm not going to knit Christmas gifts this year for the majority of my list. 

I know, I know. That makes me sound like a terrible human being.

But I can't keep doing this. 

It's so stressful trying to get a high volume of things done in a short period of time. I end spending all of fall and early winter, chest deep in tears and wool. 

And all for what? The majority of my family members can appreciate that I took the time to make them something, but don't really understand just how much goes in to things. And there are just so many of them to make gifts for.

When fall rolls around, all I want to do is make large, snuggly wraps, bulky cowls, oversized sweaters, boot cuffs all in every shade of neutral you can imagine. Yes, all for me. But I never get to. 

This year, I'm changing that. I've already got a sweater pattern picked out, some boot cuffs on the needles, and a bunch of squishy, fat wool ready for a cowl.

Now, bring on the cold and the PSL's. 

Well, as soon as I finish this dratted shawl for an upcoming wedding.



RANDOM BONUS!

I literally had no idea where to stick this in my post, so here you go. Just a hat I whipped up because I was bored. No, I'm not keeping it. I'm a muted tone sort of gal.


No comments:

Post a Comment